Published on February 19, 2015
Delegate access, as the name suggests, permits you to give access of your Microsoft Exchange mailbox for Outlook 2011 profile to somebody on the same network. This way you can retain the mailbox maintenance even if you can't do it yourself. The delegate access works like an assistant for your Exchange mailbox, while you aren't available, your mailbox emails, calendar, events, are being managed by someone.
However, not implementing the process properly can lead to invasion of privacy and misuse of it too. Thus, the following segment will give you the detailed information on enabling delegate access with customization.
Delegate Access Outlook 2011 for Mac
Following are the complete steps that you need to abide by in order to enable and set the delegate access to a user of your preference without letting your privacy be invaded.
- Open Outlook 2011 on your computer.
- Click on the Tools menu from the menu bar given on top.
- Click on Accounts from the list of options.
- Select your Exchange account for which delegate access has to be provided. Click on Advanced from the bottom of the window.
- Click on the Delegates tab from the window that appears.
- Below the 'Delegates who can act on my behalf' field click on the '+' icon.
- The next window that opens search for the preferred user and select it for assigning delegate access. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Enter the user ID or name in the field provided for conducting search.
- Click on Find to search for the user.
- After the user has been searched, the name will get listed in the below given box.
- Click on the user.
- Click Ok.
- Once this is done, you will be redirected to a Permissions window for the user to which access has to be provided:
- From the drop down list of options provided for each component (emails, contacts, tasks, calendar, etc.) select a preferred permission accordingly.
- Once you have made the selection click on Ok to implement the changes made.
NOTE: Choose the settings carefully to make sure that only the rights which do not exploit your privacy and control over the account, are permitted to the delegate user.
- Account delegate box will now display the name of the user selected and provided delegate access to. Click on Ok to close the window.